Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Constitutional Convention...

The Constitutional Convention was held from May 25th to September 17, 1787 in Philadelphia.  Delegates from 12 of the 13 states (Rhode Island did not participate) came together to write a set of rules for the country.  The plan was to revise The Articles of Confederation, but they ended up writing an entirely new government.  A lot of things were discussed at the convention including: The Virginia Plan, The New Jersey Plan, The Connecticut Compromise, The 3/5 Compromise, and the Commerce- Slave Compromise.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad Rhode Island didn't come!
    -Robert Moriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there, but I was in France at the time. All of the delegates did a great job!
    -Thomas Jefferson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I! I was in Britain at the time.
      -John Adams

      Delete